Northfield United in Love is a group of residents of Northfield, Minnesota and surrounding areas dedicated to the protection of all residents and visitors from hate speech and assault. We pledge to do our part to keep Northfield and surrounding areas a safe and civil place where everyone is valued. We are active locally, regionally, statewide, and on a national level. We will fight hate with love.
To unite residents of Northfield and surrounding-areas as a group dedicated to justice, peace, love, and protection in our community. To move forward through the angry current political moment to create a better community, and a better people, who truly value our differences and aspire to make the world, starting here, a better place for all.
What we do
- Enable community members to find and join appropriate groups that are fighting for the causes most important to them.
- Identify areas of need in our community and connect people who want to start groups/movements to address those needs.
- Provide a unified banner under which people can support specific groups in person, even if they are not usually actively involved in particular campaigns. Invite us to your event, and we will come!
- Relay information about protest actions and protection work members can participate in.
- Direct action: the Protest/Protection Arm actively participates in voicing that this is not normal. It specifically tries to block appointments of white supremacists and other hate-mongers to positions of power, and to block bad actions by federal, state, and local governments.